Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blessed!!

Once you realize that you are blessed, then, all the complaints disappear, all the grumbling disappears, All the insecurities disappear, A sense of feeling unloved disappears, wanting love disappears... Sri Sri

For most people it was an ordinary Saturday afternoon in Durban, South Africa. I was at the airport with my fellow travelling teacher, Akhilesh, and agroup of local people who wereall dressed in white,with big smiles on their face and looking impatient as the eagerly awaited His arrival. As time went by the crowd grew and as more people joined the  to see their beloved Master, the airport began to fill with excitement. Hands were filled with cameras, flowers, cake and coffee cups. Some werein heated discussion with airport security and others inwhispering secret discussions.

As the excitement reached a pinaccle, He arrived. Walking through the crowd with a few airport security. The crowd began to throw flowers, singing songs, and paying homage by perform aarti. In the rush I ended up walking behind Him, as an assistant, helping to clear the hordes of people that were falling to his feet and blocking the path. I was getting a strong look from Him, yet somehow unaware of it. He turned to me and asked in hindi “Tum kab aaye?”(When did you come?)
 
I too replied in hindi, something which two south Indians actually need not do, “Guruji July main, Akhilesh ke saath.” (In July, with Akhilesh).
He handed me the many gifts and letters presented to him and told us to come in other car. So we rushing to the house where he was staying, lucky it was the same home that was hosting me at the time.

I carried his Asan and BLACK bag from car, and entered the house.He was in the playful mode punching my fat stomach with his elbow. We entered his room and he asked how much time we had before the evening event.It was a long flight which just landed 1 hr before He was expected to speak infront of 5,000 people, with hardly a few minutes to freshen up.Once everyone left, he gave a hug and asked both of us how everything was going in South Africa, we updated Him and then continued with the evenings commitments.

After the event we returned home and he instructed me to inform everyone to go rest because He was going to do the same. After I let everyone know of His wishes returned to the His room, only to find the door closed. Akhilesh was inside and he told me that Guruji asked not to allow anyone. Respecting his wishes I left His room thinking that Guruji would now sleep.

But after some time Akhilesh came back to our room and said that Guruji wanted him to freshen up and return. I asked,“Can I come?”Akhilesh replied, “No, I am only asked to come.”

I kept silent,but that silence was a bitter one. I was thinking “Why not me? I know that He loves me, but maybe I am not up to his standards!”

I decided to take a bath for a break from these thoughts. After some time Akhilesh returned to our room and said that Guruji had gone to sleep, and that he asked about me.I asked Alkilesh to tell me more, and what excatly Guruji asked. Akhilesh replied "Dusra khaha hai?"
I felt even worse. More hurt that he did not asked about me by name.

The next morning we boarded flight to Cape Town. International DSN teacher Santoshji who was in capetown, was curious and asked about Guruji, the previous nights event and if I went inside his room. I said,“Everything was good except the last one.”Santoshji replied“Don't worry, you will also get chance.”
Later that evening at a hotel in in Cape Town I went to His room wondering what had happened to Guruji’s omnipresence and omniscience? He didn't even know my name.The moment I entered his room He said, "Hmm… Deepak Lanka! How are you?"
I was blushing, and told Him that I was good and then for 15 minutes we discussed why my name is Lanka.

When I went back to my room after a fantastic time with Guruji,I noticed a status update on BBM from a devotee in Durban. It said…
Once you realize that you are blessed, then, all the complaints disappear, All the grumbling disappears, All the insecurities disappear, A sense of feeling unloved disappears, Wanting love disappears... Sri Sri

Her profile picture was Guruji taken the previous day, and in the photo standing behind Him was me. I got the message LOUD and CLEAR! It was for me and I realized how Blessed I am to be choosen by Him and be in this path of love.

There are billions of people on the planet at the moment, let alone how many billions that existed throughout history. Just the opportunity to be alive at the same time as an Enlightened Master is a Blessing! To be one of the rare few to have stepped onto this path of love is a Blessing! And to be in the presence of the Divine itself is the greatest Blessing of all! When we realise how blessed we really are, then all those thoughts and feelings of separation simply dissolve. When we realise that we are the rare, chosen few… Ahhhh… Bliss!
JaiGurudev
Deepak Lanka
(AOL Faculty)

No comments: